Monday, October 26, 2009

So long, farewell...

*Sigh*

Literally on the SAME day that I've just posted about how often I'll be able to post now, I had an appointment with my dietician/psychologist and this is the awful, horrid and downright depressing sentence she has passed down to me:

Don't food blog until you're much further down the recovery track. Also, limit your reading of food blogs and read cookbooks only under supervision for limited amounts of time.

Seriously? This is going to suuuuuuuck. Big time. I mean, of course I understand why - it's about taking my mind off of food 24/7. But food blogging has always been such a POSITIVE for me! It's seriously actually HELPED me so much this far. Le sigh. I guess there's nothing I can do.

The good news: I *can* continue to blog. Just not about making food. I am, however, permitted to write about GROWING food! With all this newfound time to myself i've decided to make a little project of making a veggie garden. So, I'll be blogging about that from now on, as well as any other vegan-related, or just Liz-related topics. I want this blog to reflect who I am as a whole person, if it can't be a food blog for a while. Don't worry though - I'll start posting about food at some point again! I'll let you know when it looks like the day I can resume food bloggery is nigh.

Anyway, I'm considering moving to wordpress, but this is what's stopping me: I cannot for the life of me figure the damned thing out! Anyone have any tips?

Thank you so much, everyone, for all your lovely comments and sincere compliments - on my food, photos, writing, or just plain old me! I can't tell you how much it's meant to me to be a part of such a kind, funny and supportive community! But please don't all assume me a lost cause just cos I can't blog about food anymore - I wanna be kept in the loop! Let me know about meetups, care package swaps, new recipes you think I'd like, anything to do with oatmeal/dried fruit/larabars, you know the drill. Even though I'll be reading less of your blogs, I'll still comment from time to time!

Once again, thank you all. The next time I post, it'll be about my garden! Any seedling ideas?

xx
- VS

3 comments:

  1. good luck!

    do you eat much malaysian food? chili and lemongrass seedlings are always on my must list for people starting out their growing. also basil and oregano, for pestos and pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just get yourself better! Wordpress is ridiculously confusing for me. I have no advice for the garden as I have a black thumb. Best of luck, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with gardening. In Brisbane, all sorts of things grow easily. I have just put in tomato seedlings, sweet corn, beans, rocket, zucchini and watermelon. Rocket grows like a weed. Vietnamese mint, oregano, chives, basil, parsley and sage are all doing well in the herb garden. Watch out for possums, who ate all my strawberries and the leaves from my parsley!

    Hope your recovery goes smoothly. You can definitely beat this thing!

    ReplyDelete